in selling properties,
The NHP Foundation:
In the last quarter-century, The NHP Foundation (NHPF) has developed acquired, and renovated over 11,000 units of affordable housing in 19 states and the District of Columbia. Today, we have 30 communities in America’s suburban areas and large urban centers. Each provides rental homes at affordable rates to families of all sizes, seniors, and persons with disabilities.
Throughout its history, NHPF has been a leader in preserving properties at risk of conversion to market-rate rental units. This helps to improve neighborhoods and to guarantee permanent affordability for low- to moderate-income renters. Having in-house expertise equal to that of market-rate housing developers continues to be essential in achieving the results NHPF is known for, industry-wide.
NHPF’s team of real estate development professionals carries out all phases of housing development services, including:
- Site identification and acquisition
- Selection and coordination of the design and development team
- Financing: pre-development, construction, equity, and mortgage financing
- Entitlements, including environmental clearances
- Constituency communications to build community acceptance
- Value engineering and project bidding
- Oversight of land development and project construction.
The NHPF Development Team is always looking for land parcels and under-developed properties that can be upgraded to value-added affordable housing communities. We invite potential sellers and their agents to share development candidates with NHPF.